About Me

Sunday, April 9, 2017

to my everything

hiya pops. we're supposed to write a tribute post for someone special to us. now, i hope you know that words on this screen is nothing compared to how much i love and miss you.

you are/were a talented, intelligent, generous, strong, energetic, dancing goofball. (plus like a gazillion other adjectives) you could always make me smile brighter than the light in your garage. the light that you used to fix the hundreds of cars you kept parked in our driveway. (momma sold most of them but don't worry we kept the titan) anyways, i wish you were still here to teach me how to use stick shift and how to drift. one of my favorite memories with you was going off-roading in indiana. i remember going up the cliff in the suzuki. that was terrifying but i remember seeing your smile and all your adrenaline. another vivid memory that i have is when you were dancing with me in mexico. i was too shy to go up on stage and dance by myself so you took me to the dance floor and taught me how to slow dance. there are so many memories i have of us dancing. i wish you were here to teach me all your moves. i want to tell you so much, i can't wait to see you again. it's going to be six years this year and it has been way too long since i've heard your voice or smell your axe old spice deodorant. i wish i could've gotten more than eight years with you. i miss you so much. and i hope i can make you proud one day.

much love,

your mini goofball


4 comments:

  1. so sorry kaitlin. you are already making him so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww I'm sorry Kaitlin, I legit cried while reading this. The person that you have become today will definitely make your dad proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful moments to remember, Kaitlin. I completely agree with Madison and Natalie. oxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree 100% with everyone's replies to your blog post, Kaitlin. Your beloved Dad is already SO PROUD of the amazing young lady that you are! :) May you always feel him close to you in your heart! <3 Your beautiful tribute to your amazing Dad touched my heart. <3

    ReplyDelete